Thursday, May 20, 2010

Welcome











Who am I and why psychology, culture, and everyday life?


I think to better understand my blog one will need to know a little about me and where I am coming from, so here it goes....

To begin with, my name is Mindy. I was born in NYC, but I am not anywhere near being a New Yorker. I lived most of my life on the Island of Aruba, and recently moved back to the States, where I am currently living in Minneapolis, MN. So I am slowly transforming from an Islander back to an American. Crazy right? So I think I became really interested in culture since I am half American and half Argentine, but grew up in Aruba and had my share of traveling and being exposed to many different cultures. Every part in the world represents millions of different things which sets them apart from one another, which I find so intriguing. As I learn more I will post more!
Like everyone else my life has been turned upside down and took some twists and turns many times, but everyone’s experience is different. I like to think about life in general and having meaning in life a lot. I think experiencing the best and worst of life and then reflecting on it to be a very important part of self-growth. Thus, I like to make a section about everyday life, and I don’t mean everyday life in my life ;-)
Psychology. The reason for that is simple. I am majoring in Psychology at the University of Minnesota. I am fascinated with everything and anything that is linked to psychology. I would love sharing my findings of things that I am learning about psychology along the way.

I think this sums it up.


Thanks for your interest.



No comments:

Post a Comment